Meet Tom Ebbon, our Head Chef…
It was the only thing I wanted to be, nothing else ever came close. As I grew older my love for food and making people happy, through their stomach, sealed the deal.
2. If you weren’t a chef, what would your dream job be?
I have a passion for Formula 1, so being team manager or owner would be great.
3. Three words to describe you?
Committed, stubborn and ambitious.
4. What’s your biggest achievement?
Staying alive since moving out of my childhood home.
5. If you’re hosting a dinner party, what do you cook?
The last dinner party I hosted was a Christmas dinner with all my family. I decided to do a nine course classic Christmas lunch. I even stayed up prepping until 3am on Christmas eve, after doing a 15-hour day!
6. And if anyone could be invited, what four guests would you invite?
Barack Obama, Ayrton Senna, Buzz Aldrin and Steve Jobs.
7. Anything you won’t eat?
Eggs are the work of the devil…
Tom will also be hosting our Onslow Masterchef night on Thursday 14th September. He’ll be demonstrating dishes from our new Autumn menu ready for you to try. £40pp, to include three courses, wine with each course and a recipe pack to take home. Call the pub on 01483 274922 to book.